NAREN Grants for Program Support
DEADLINES for Applying: February 15 and October 15
NAREN announces the availability of two $250 grants to deserving educational programs for at-risk youth. The grant is a needs-based grant, meaning that the monies cannot be used for decorative or non-programmatic concerns. Supplies, equipment, field-trip expenses, paying for resource people to come into the school to work with students, curricular materials are all viable categories of expenditures.
- The program for which funds are requested must be strictly for at-risk youth, and not a program receiving special education funding.
- The applying educator must be a NAREN associate, and willing to be accountable and responsible for the application of the grant and the expenditures. (Not a NAREN Associate yet? Join here!)
- Monies must be spent according to the proposal.
- Receipts (originals) for expenditures must be submitted to NAREN within 365 days of the funds being granted.
- Submit a letter of application describing the need — 3 pages maximum!
- Clearly describe how the funds will be spent to help meet that need.
- The letter must be signed by the NAREN associate.
- The letter must also be signed by the building administrator responsible for the program.
- Clearly provide the Name of the program, its Address, what grade level is served, and how many students are in the program.
- Provide the name, address, phone number, and e-dress of the NAREN associate in charge of the grant.
- Mail application before February 15 and October 15.
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Mail application letter to:
Grant Application for Program Support
6802 McClean Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21234
Failure to fulfill any of the above requirements will disqualify the applicant.
$250 grants will be awarded on March 15 and on November 15 of each year. You will be notified either way.