Join Dr. Anthony Dallmann-Jones for a full day devoted to dedicated educators at his Pre-Conference titled:
Unsuccessful schools stress programs.
Successful shools stress practices.
And the first commandment for every educator in the building is student safety.
Dr. Anthony Dallmann-Jones will lead a 21st Century look at the role of stress in our schools and how to differentiate Toxic Stress from Productive Stress and what to do about it
Research has shown over and over that the most successful schools have the most knowledgeable and skillful teachers. Research clearly shows that dollars spent on staff development multiplies results in student performance.
Today’s classrooms, more than ever, need answers and specific steps to accomplish established goals. Jobs are on the line! (Truth is, they always have been, but now it is in the headlines and we cannot ignore the fact that raising scores is important.) So, HOW do you raise scores without cheating? Answer: You not only select the right material to learn, you create the right environment where it is learned. THAT is “effectiveness” defined, in a nutshell. This seminar is centered around that very topic. Here is what attendees will walk away with:
Participants will learn:
Educating for Effectiveness
~ A Workshop for Teachers and Administrators ~
This workshop will benefit students, teachers, administrators, and YOU as well!
- Enhancing teacher practices and student performance
- Ten surefire ways to improve teaching effectiveness
- Essential aspects of controlling and creating the ideal educational environment
- Establishing healthy limits and creating the ideal educational environment
- Five Indispensable steps to productive problem-solving
- Ten available mindsets for reducing friction and stress
- Fostering teachable moments
- Eliminating discipline issues before they start
- The LAST educational Mission Statement you will ever need
- Clearly comprehending functional vs. dysfunctional learning environments
Dr. Anthony Dallmann-Jones has published ten books on education including the Handbook of Effective Teaching & Assessment Strategies, The Expert Educator, and Strategies for Teaching. He has facilitated workshops across the United States and in Canada, Singapore and Russia. He specializes in creating safe and stress-less learning environments especially with at-risk students. His 2011 book, SHADOW CHILDREN ~ Understanding Education’s #1 Problem, has been a favorite with alternative education personnel since the first edition was published in 2006.
Note: If you are registering more than one person, be sure to read the instructions for registering multiple people on the conference registration page here.